Disability Law Queensland Hold the Annual Mother’s Day Morning Tea recognising and celebrating mums as carers for all the work they do.
Due to Covid restrictions 2021’s event was an invitation only being held in appreciation of mums who have children with disability in recognition for the amazing work they do. The event was give mums a chance to meet and speak with other mums in a similar situation, network with circles of support as well as meet industry providers who offer support and assistance.
Disability Law Queensland’s Mother’s Day Morning Tea is all about:
• Recognising and celebrating mums as unpaid carers.
• Raising awareness of the valuable role of carers.
• Encouraging self-identification among hidden carers and recognition of hidden carers by friends and relatives.
• Educating carers about the services and resources available to them and encouraging them to seek help when needed.
• Building a network of peer support among carers.
Special guest speakers Chithrani and Dinesh Palipana will be sharing their experiences about overcoming adversity and living an enriched life. Carol Taylor sharing her experiences as a mother and a lawyer and a fashion designer for people with disabilities.
Entertainment: Tony Dee Music
Our Sponsors: Shadforth Financial Group and LeapIn!
Some great photos from the event.